Please note below details regarding the Transition Year trip to Ballyhass Coachford on Tuesday September 29th, 2020.
Here is a sample time table of what each group will be doing. Groups will be split into hubs of 8:1 with a designated instructor. In regards to lunch, pod areas will be designated for each group so they will not cross over or over mingle with each other.
10am – 11:15am 11:15am – 12:30pm LUNCH (12:30 – 1:00pm) 1:00pm – 2:00pm 2:00pm – 3:00pm
Group 1 Aqua Park Kayaking Lunch in Pod Area 1 Team Games + Assault Course Archery
Group 2 Aqua Park Kayaking Lunch in Pod Area 2 Team Games + Assault Course Archery
Group 3 Aqua Park Kayaking Lunch in Pod Area 3 Team Games + Assault Course Archery
Group 4 Team Games + Assault Course Archery Lunch in Pod Area 4 Aqua Park Kayaking
Group 5 Team Games + Assault Course Archery Lunch in Pod Area 5 Aqua Park Kayaking
Group 6 Team Games + Assault Course Archery Lunch in Pod Area 6 Aqua Park Kayaking
As you can see from the timetable each group will get half the day on the land and half of it on water.
This is a list of what they will need to bring,
· Swimwear & Towel – We will provide all the wetsuits and safety equipment. Swimming togs are to be worn under these. If you have your own wetsuit you are welcome to bring it along.
· Plastic Bag – You will more than likely have a lot of wet clothes so these are handy when packing.
· Wet shoes or Old Shoes – For kayaking you will need to wear some form of footwear in the water. For all other water activities, you will have to walk with wetsuits.
· Warm Outdoor Clothing We are an outdoor activity centre. If it is raining we will still operate, we have a sheltered site that nothing short of a red weather warning stops us. It is your responsibility to have appropriate outdoor clothing. If nothing else at bringing a spare pair of clothes.
· Rainproof outer layer – Probably the most important part of all. You can pick up cheap ponchos in any supermarket outdoor store. It will make your experience so much better if it’s raining. (Or at a minimum a spare pair of clothing that can act as an extra layer)
· Big packed lunch – On a full day, you will be outside for over 5 hours doing several active experiences. Trust us you WILL be hungry.
· € coins for the tuck shop – Our hot chocolates are famous!!
· Waterproof sunblock – Even on a cloudy day, this prevents wind burn. We can’t overstate how important this is at all times of the year regardless of what the weather forecast says.
If you have any queries regarding any of the above, please do not hesitate to give me a call.
Transition Year Co-ordinator of activities